Super Eagles player Odion Ighalo Man United loan extended 2021
Super Eagles player, Odion Jude Ighalo‘s Manchester United loan transfer has been extended to January, 2021.
According to The Sun, the ace forward has “agreed” a loan extension with Manchester United until end of January 2021.
It was also revealed that his loan transfer extension is currently awaiting FA approval.
The agreement with his parent club Shanghai Shenhuaofficially expired on May 31st, 2020.
But according to The Telegraph, both clubs have now agreed for the 30-year-old to stay at Manchester Uniteduntil it’s new year.
It is alleged that Ighalo will have to discuss a new contract with Shanghai Shenhua once he returns in 2021.
The news comes after his agent Atta Aneke confirmed talks were in place for the ex-Watford man to remain at Old Trafford.
Aneke told Nettavisen: “We are nearing an agreement with Manchester United on an extended loan.
“The agreement will mean that Ighalo will remain with them until January 2021.”
Ighalo swapped the Chinese Super League for the Premier League in a shock deadline day loan deal back in January.
And it is understood Ighalo took a 40 per cent pay-cut on his £300,000-a-week wages in China to make his dream switch happen.
He scored four goals in eight games before the season was suspended amid the Covid-19 pandemic – leaving his loan contract to run up.
The Nigerian made a personal plea to Shanghai Shenhua to let him finish the season at Old Trafford, before returning to China, and it appears his wishes have been granted.
what do you think about this?
LEAVE A COMMENT
- BREAKING: Polytechnics shut down as ASUP begins indefinite strike
- 2021 UTME: Jamb set to commence sell of forms
- UAM Students Union Week 2021(All You Need To Know About The Event)
- Susan Ngusha Zapaseve, Kumashe U Tiv International 2020 and her Pet Project
- 2.3 MILLION NIGERIANS REGISTER FOR CORONAVIRUS VACCINE WITHIN 24 HOURS
- A Way To Identify A Very Good Girl – Wizkid
- If Your Girlfriend doesn’t Post You on Social Media, This is what it means