Mother charged for daughter’s kidnap and murder
A 42-year-old woman arrested in connection with the kidnap and murder of 6-year-old Alexia Nyamadzawo appeared in the Umhlali Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday.
Fungai Nyamadzawo, the Grade 1 pupil’s mother, was charged with murder, defeating the ends of justice, kidnapping and perjury.
Police spokesperson, Brigadier Jay Naicker said Nyamadzawo was remanded until June 10 for a formal bail hearing. On Monday, social media was abuzz after Alexia was reported missing.
At the time, her mother claimed she had been driving in Glendale Road in Shayamoya when she slowed down at a speed bump and someone snatched the child from the back seat.
She told police she had been driving with her two children, aged 6 and 14, at the time.
She reported the “kidnapping” to police and a case was opened for further investigation.On Tuesday, IPSS Medical Rescue’ s Search and Rescue division, assisted SAPS K9 Search & Rescue recovered Alexia’s body.
IPSS spokesperson, Paul Herbst, said her body was recovered in canefields in Rietvlei, north of Durban.Naicker said Nyamadzawo was arrested on Tuesday.
- Nigerian Graduate Takes to Frying Beans Cake (Akara) Along Roadside as Unemployment Persists
- Collab with Davido almost Made me Bankrupt – Diamond Platinumz
- JAMB to prosecute 200 exam cheats caught in 2020 UTME with N500,000 each
- JUST IN: 18 years old girl set mother ablaze in Benue State
- BREAKING: Benue Popular Cinematographer Johnnicks is dead
- Federal Government to replace Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- JUST IN: Popular Benue Baka singer Osaze get baptized
- Nigerian Army shortlists successful candidates for short service courses