Mother charged for daughter’s kidnap and murder
A 42-year-old woman arrested in connection with the kidnap and murder of 6-year-old Alexia Nyamadzawo appeared in the Umhlali Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday.
Fungai Nyamadzawo, the Grade 1 pupil’s mother, was charged with murder, defeating the ends of justice, kidnapping and perjury.
Police spokesperson, Brigadier Jay Naicker said Nyamadzawo was remanded until June 10 for a formal bail hearing. On Monday, social media was abuzz after Alexia was reported missing.
At the time, her mother claimed she had been driving in Glendale Road in Shayamoya when she slowed down at a speed bump and someone snatched the child from the back seat.
She told police she had been driving with her two children, aged 6 and 14, at the time.
She reported the “kidnapping” to police and a case was opened for further investigation.On Tuesday, IPSS Medical Rescue’ s Search and Rescue division, assisted SAPS K9 Search & Rescue recovered Alexia’s body.
IPSS spokesperson, Paul Herbst, said her body was recovered in canefields in Rietvlei, north of Durban.Naicker said Nyamadzawo was arrested on Tuesday.
- Zest World Ent. boss Soulnize Anya celebrates birthday with a new song [Check out]
- BREAKING: Polytechnics shut down as ASUP begins indefinite strike
- 2021 UTME: Jamb set to commence sell of forms
- UAM Students Union Week 2021(All You Need To Know About The Event)
- Susan Ngusha Zapaseve, Kumashe U Tiv International 2020 and her Pet Project
- 2.3 MILLION NIGERIANS REGISTER FOR CORONAVIRUS VACCINE WITHIN 24 HOURS
- A Way To Identify A Very Good Girl – Wizkid
- If Your Girlfriend doesn’t Post You on Social Media, This is what it means