Madrina Biography Lifestyle Career
Madrina birth name Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan (born 23 September 1991), was previously called by the stage name Cynthia Morgan, now Madrina, is a Nigerian bornsongwriter and singer Cynthia Morgan now Madrina. Her love for music started at age 3, where she used to be a backup singer for her mother’s musical band.
At the age of 7, Cynthia Morgan started composing songs and at the age of 17 she recorded her debut single which featured General Pype “Dutty Stepping”. In 2008, she moved to Lagos to further her music career. she calls herself Killa Marshal which her Ego on stage.
On 22 August 2013, Cynthia Morgan signed a recording contract with Northside Entertainment Inc. owned by Jude ‘Engees’ Okoye. Few months later, she released two chart-topping singles “Don’t Break My Heart” and “Lead Me On” which shot her into limelight and latter went on to be nominated for “Best Reggae/Dancehall Single” at The Headies 2014
She was set to release her debut album but unfortunately could not due to feud with her label owner, Jude Engees Okoye.
ALSO READ : Emma_Tizzy biography
Facts about Madrina
1. Cynthia Morgan was born September 23, 1991 in Benin City, Edo state
2. At age 3, she became a back-up singer for her mother’s band and also started composing songs at age 7.
3. She was raised by a single mother, Sherifat Morgan, a gospel singer in Benin.
4. She released her debut single ‘Dutty Stepping’ featuring Pype at age 17 in 2009.
5. She doesn’t have a university degree as she wanted to concentrate on music.
6. Cynthia moved to Lagos in 2008 to further her music career.
7. She gained popularity when she featured on Jhybo’s Ejo Le Fe Ro track at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA) in 2010.
8. This led to her recognition by PSquare in 2012 and a working recognition soon developed.
9. She signed a recording deal with Northside Entertainment Inc. owned by Jude ‘Engees’ Okoye in 2013.
10. She soon released two top singles “Don’t Break My Heart” and “Lead Me On” same year which topped musical charts for weeks.
11. Her hit single was ‘I Am Taken’ in 2014 followed by ‘German Juice’ in 2015.
12. Some of the awards she has won include South-South Music Awards for Best New Artist (2014) ELOY Awards for Music Artist of the year (2014) and South-South Music Awards for Best Reggae/Dancehall and Best Reggae Single (2015).
13. Her alleged relationship with Burna Boy went viral in 2015 after photos of the duo kissing leaked on social media.
14. She made a comeback in 2018 with a rebrand of her name to ‘Madrina’.
15. The singer was dragged to court in 2018 over unpaid rent and tax evasion.
16. She once revealed the most expensive item in her wardrobe was a wristwatch worth N12m.
ALSO READ :Terxzy: Lifestyle & Career
German Juice · 2015I’m TakenEssential Afrobeats · 2014Bubble Bup · 2016Simati Niya · 2015Go Gaga Remix · 2019Don’t Break My Heart · 2014Lead Me OnAfrobeats With Love: Vol. 2 · 2015Baby Mama · 2015
Olowo · 2016
In Love · 2017AsampoBillion Dollar Woman · 2018Come And Do · 2015– “Lion”Porshe Panamera2019LionLion · 2018Bad Girl SpecialNo CamerasNo Cameras · 2017Summer TimeSummer Time · 2017Twerk ItTwerk It · 2016Come and GoSoul Sisters Afrique, Vol. 1 · 2017Go GagaHigh High High3Some Mix · 2017Acting Bad Remix3Some Mix · 2017F**k Wit Your MetalThump Rap Radio 2 (Explicit) · 2007In PublicNo Do
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
Drop your comments below or leave a message[sg_popup id=”4405″ event=”click”]Click me[/sg_popup]
- ST Dominic Biography, Lifestyle & Career
- De YungProf. Barnzjp Biography, Lifestyle & Career
- Terel Biography
- Quibee Biography
- Lil Jax Biography
- Penny Boy Biography
- Batasha – BIOGRAPHY, CAREER & LIFESTYLE