I Don’t Believe In God Anymore – Gospel Singer
Jonathan Steingard, a member of the Christian rock band, Hawk Nelson, has said he no longer believes in God.
The singer, who said he grew up in a Christian home, said he had been hiding his feeling for a long time before having the courage to speak out.
In a lengthy Instagram post, Steingard said: “I’ve been terrified to post this for a while – but it feels like it’s time for me to be honest,” he wrote in the caption to his multi-image post of his statement.
“I hope this is not the end of the conversation, but the beginning.”
“After growing up in a Christian home, being a pastor’s kid, playing and singing in a Christian band, and having the word ‘Christian’ in front of most of the things in my life – I am now finding that I no longer believe in God.Read
“The last few words of that sentence were hard to write. I still find myself wanting to soften that statement by wording it differently or less specifically – but it wouldn’t be as true.”
Steingard said he discovered some close friends also had the same feeling but are afraid to express
His fellow band members supported the singer in a statement to USA Today, saying that Hawk Nelson’s mission is to “inspire and encourage all people with the truth that God is FOR them and not against them.”
LEAVE A COMMENT[sg_popup id=”4405″ event=”click”]Click me[/sg_popup]
- Music: Korede Bello – Leg Work
- Music: Hero Smiles – Olowo Laye
- Music: Shalom Blaq – Shundevil EP
- JJdebusta “GBOKO” or Too Prince “TSE GERI”
- MUSIC: Meez – 2k Urgently(Prod. DProvibe)
- Music: Rexxie ft Bella Shmurda – Back 2 Back
- Music: Ichaba ft Mayorkun – Oja
- Music: Soft Kid ft Tizzy Wise – Ve fa Ga
- Music: Bella Shmurda – World
- Music: Star Crown – Faya(Prod by Koboko)
- Music: Blaqbonez ft. Amaarae & Buju – Bling